What is PECO doing in the neighborhood?
- PECO is performing inspections of their natural gas meters and regulators as part of their work to ensure the safety of their customers, employees and communities they serve.
- Inspections will be completed with more than 46,000 inspections conducted across Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties.
- This work is part of our rigorous maintenance and inspection program, which also includes quarterly and annual inspections of our transmission and distribution natural gas pipelines.
- These inspections are required by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
Who will be performing the inspections and when will they occur?
- Work will be performed by Intren, a qualified PECO contractor.
- During the next few days, contractors will be visiting properties throughout the area to complete inspections.
- All contractors will have a PECO contractor ID badge.
- Customers can contact PECO at 1-800-494-4000 to confirm an official visit.
What do customers need to do?
- There is no cost for the inspection and it will only take a few minutes. Customers will not experience any interruption to their natural gas service.
- You will not need to be home and we will not need to enter your home.