The Licenses and Inspections Department protects the life, health and safety of all citizens of Conshohocken by monitoring all buildings through code enforcement, and the abatement of code enforcement and code violations. This is achieved by regulating various business activities through the issuance of permits, licenses and certificates, and conducting appropriate inspections to facilitate compliance. The Building Code Official (BCO) serves as the lead administrator for the Licenses and Inspections Department.
For more information on the codes of Conshohocken Borough, or to access permit and license forms, please visit the Forms page or call (610) 828-1092.
Use and Occupancy Permit Information
Borough Ordinances requires property owners to obtain a Use and Occupancy Permit each time any of the following occur:
- Use and occupancy of any building or structure hereafter altered or erected.
- Change in the use and/or occupancy of any building or structure.
- Use of land or change of use thereof.
- Change in use and occupancy of any non-conforming use of extension thereof.
- Change of tenants in any building or structure.
All applications for Use and Occupancy Permits must be completed in ink, and signed by the owner or acting agent in order to comply with Borough Ordinances.
- Single family Dwelling = $75.00
- Multi-Family Dwelling = $75.00 per unit
- Commercial = $300 if less than 6,000 sq. ft., and $5 per 100 sq. ft. if greater than 6,000 sq. ft.
Please note: All fees must be paid prior to the application being processed.
Issuance of Use and Occupancy Permit: No Use and Occupancy Permit shall be issued until all proper Borough Officials have certified that the proposed Use and Occupancy complies with all pertinent ordinances. The Borough granting a temporary Use and Occupancy Permit will be considered on a case by case basis. Once officials determine that an application is in compliance with pertinent Borough Ordinances, it shall be their duty to issue the permit within (30) thirty days of the receipt date on the application.
Refusal of Permit: Should it be determined that an application and or the premises is not in compliance with all pertinent Borough Ordinances, it shall be the duty of the proper Borough Officials to refuse the permit. In such cases it shall be the duty of these officials to instruct the applicant of the remedial measures needed to bring the application and or premises into compliance within (30) thirty days of the receipt date on the application.
General List of Requirements
To help you prepare for inspection, please see the Borough of Conshohocken's general list of residential requirements, as well as the Use and Occupancy Permit both available on our Forms page.
2019 Holiday Closures
- NEW YEAR’S DAY - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY - Monday, January 21, 2019
- PRESIDENT’S DAY - Monday, February 18, 2019
- EASTER MONDAY - Monday, April 22, 2019
- MEMORIAL DAY - Monday, May 27, 2019
- INDEPENDENCE DAY - Thursday, July 4, 2019
- LABOR DAY - Monday, September 2, 2019
- COLUMBUS DAY - Monday, October 14, 2019
- VETERANS DAY, OBSERVED - Monday, November 11, 2019
- THANKSGIVING DAY - Thursday, November 28, 2019
- DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING - Friday, November 29, 2019
- CHRISTMAS DAY - Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Building Inspector Office Hours
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 3:00pm (available by phone 7:00am-8:30am)
Licenses & Inspections Directory
|Executive Director of Operations/BCO/Emergency Management Coordinator||(610) 828-1092|
|Administrative Assistant||(610) 828-1092|
|Administrative Assistant/Customer Service||(610) 828-1092 x107|
|Licenses and Inspections||(610) 828-1092 x117|
|Licenses and Inspections Residental Building Inspector||(610) 828-1092 x119|
|Commercial Building Inspector||(610) 828-1092 x110|