Regular household trash, recycling and yard waste collection is a service provided to Conshohocken Borough residents and is included in resident taxes. Service set-up is not required for new residents. Residents are required to utilize approved trash and recycling carts only. Acceptable carts must include two (3) wheels, a metal lift bar, and an attached lid. Unapproved containers will be tagged for no future pickups until compliant.
To purchase an additional trash and/or recycling cart please complete a trash cart order form and return to the Borough of Conshohocken, or call 610-828-1092. Residents are responsible for managing and caring for Borough issued carts. If a resident moves, the cart (s) should remain at the house for use by the next resident.
Recycling is collected once a week for all residential households. This also includes apartment complexes that utilize Borough sanitation and recycling services.
Recycling Collection Schedule
- East Side -- Mondays
- West Side -- Tuesdays
Public Works Observed Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Holiday Recycling Collection Schedule
All holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by Public Services the following Monday. Wednesday is the make up day for recycling collection for both sides of the borough. When your trash and/or recycling day falls on a holiday, your recycling will be collected on Wednesday and your trash will be collected on your next scheduled trash collection day.
Resident Recycle Collection Rules and Regulations
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Borough of Conshohocken mandate the separation and collection of recyclable materials. All residences must participate in the Borough's recycling programs by separating their recyclable materials from their regular trash. Please place your recycling cart at the curbside of your property no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before and remove your cart from your curbside no later than 7:00 PM the day of collection.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling is Single Stream: No more sorting is needed. All of your recyclables may be mixed together in your recycling container! Please remember all containers should be empty and clean. Please remove all lids from plastic containers. Recycling stickers are also available for any additional containers that you wish to designate for recycling. All containers must fit the cart requirements specified above.
Commercial Trash and Recycling Rules & Regulations
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must arrange for their own collection of trash and recyclable materials by a reputable and licensed hauler.
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must participate in a recycling program by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material, as well as an annual report.
- All businesses and other commercial institutions must recycle, but are not limited to: clear glass, colored glass, aluminum, steel, bimetal cans, plastics (1-6), high grade office paper, newsprint, corrugated paper and all yard waste. The following materials should be recycled:
- Cardboard Boxes must be broken down & tied
- Newspaper, inserts & junk mail
- Magazines, Catalogs and envelopes
- Phone Books and Paperback Books
- Office & School Papers (colored paper too)
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Bags
- Aluminum Cans & Clean Foil
- Tin & Steel Aerosol Cans (Empty)
- Glass Jars & Bottles (Empty)
- All Plastic 1-7 which includes Styrofoam
Bulk Recycle Goods
- By Appointment the 3rd Wednesday of the month (April through September). Prearranged drop-off available all year. Please call us at 610-828-1092.
- All residences must participate in the Borough's recycling programs by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. These bulk goods are recyclable, therefore the separation and collection of this material is mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough.
- All items such as stoves, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers, metal cabinets, metal furniture, chain link fence, wrought iron fence, electronics, etc. will be picked up free of charge.
- Appliances like refrigerators must have all doors removed prior to putting them out for collection or at the drop off.