Regular household trash and recycling collection is a service provided as part of the resident taxes, and as such set-up is not required for new residents. Trash is collected twice weekly, and recycling is collected once a week.
Recycling Collection Schedule:
- Mondays -- East Side
- Tuesdays -- West Side
Holiday Recycling Collection Schedule:
All holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by Public Works on the following Monday. Wednesday will be the make up recycle collection day for both sides of town. When your trash and recycle collection day falls on a holiday, your recyclables will be collected on Wednesday and your trash will be collected on your next scheduled collection day. When trash collection day falls on a holiday, it will be collected on the next scheduled collection day.
Recycling Bin Delivery
Public Works can deliver new recycling bins directly to your home at no cost to residents! Are you new to Conshohocken and need a recycling bin? Do you need to replace old, damaged or missing recycling bins? We can help! To request a new recycling bin please contact 610-828-1092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your name, the delivery address, and a daytime contact number to proceed. You may also fill out a bin drop off form, and fax it directly to Public Works at (610) 941-9902.
New Roll Cart Trashcans Coming to the Borough of Conshohocken
In 2019 the Borough will be distributing 64 gallon Toter brand trash and recycle carts to each household number. Each household, including apartment complexes that utilize Borough trash services, will receive one trash cart and one recycle cart at no charge. It is your responsibility to manage and care for your Borough issued carts. In the event you move, your carts should remain at the house for use by the next resident.
Please note: All households that are currently utilizing roll cart trashcans may continue to use their existing cart(s). Acceptable carts must include 2 wheels, a metal lift bar, and an attached lid. If you would like to opt out of receiving a trash and/or recycle cart because you are already utilizing one please contact Public Services at (610) 828-1092. If you have any questions regarding acceptable carts please do not hesitate to contact us.
Specific delivery details will be posted to our website prior to the rollout. Once the initial delivery of the carts is completed, additional carts will be made available for purchase for $54.00 each. An order form will be posted on our website in January 2019.
Resident Recycle Collection Rules and Regulations
All residences must participate in the Borough's recycling programs by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material. Please place your recycling container curbside on your property no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before and remove your container from curbside no later than 7:00 PM the day of collection.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling is Single Stream: No more sorting is needed. All of your recyclables may be mixed together in your recycling container! Please remember all containers should be empty and clean. Please remove all lids from plastic containers. Recycling Stickers are also available for any additional container that you may wish to designate for recycling.
Commercial Trash and Recycling Rules & Regulations
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must arrange for their own collection of trash and recyclable materials by a reputable and licensed hauler.
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must participate in a recycling program by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material, as well as an annual report.
- All businesses and other commercial institutions must recycle, but are not limited to: clear glass, colored glass, aluminum, steel, bimetal cans, plastics (1-6), high grade office paper, newsprint, corrugated paper and all yard waste. The following materials should be recycled:
- Cardboard Boxes must be broken down & tied
- Newspaper, inserts & junk mail
- Magazines, Catalogs and envelopes
- Phone Books and Paperback Books
- Office & School Papers (colored paper too)
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Bags
- Aluminum Cans & Clean Foil
- Tin & Steel Aerosol Cans (Empty)
- Glass Jars & Bottles (Empty)
- All Plastic 1-7 which includes Styrofoam
Bulk Recycle Goods
- By Appointment the 3rd Wednesday of the month (April through September). Prearranged drop-off available all year. Please call us at 610-828-1092.
- All residences must participate in the Borough's recycling programs by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. These bulk goods are recyclable, therefore the separation and collection of this material is mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough.
- All items such as stoves, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers, metal cabinets, metal furniture, chain link fence, wrought iron fence, electronics, etc. will be picked up free of charge.
- Appliances like refrigerators must have all doors removed prior to putting them out for collection or at the drop off.