Regular household trash collection is a service provided as part of the resident taxes, and as such set-up is not required for new residents. Trash is collected twice a week.
Trash Collection Schedule:
- Mondays and Thursdays - East Side
- Tuesdays and Fridays - West Side
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule:
All holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by Public Works on the following Monday. Wednesday will be the make up recycle collection day for both sides of town. When your trash and recycle collection day falls on a holiday, your recyclables will be collected on Wednesday and your trash will be collected on your next scheduled collection day. When trash collection day falls on a holiday, it will be collected on the next scheduled collection day.
2019 Holiday Closures
- NEW YEAR’S DAY - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY - Monday, January 21, 2019
- PRESIDENT’S DAY - Monday, February 18, 2019
- EASTER MONDAY - Monday, April 22, 2019
- MEMORIAL DAY - Monday, May 27, 2019
- INDEPENDENCE DAY - Thursday, July 4, 2019
- LABOR DAY - Monday, September 2, 2019
- COLUMBUS DAY - Monday, October 14, 2019
- VETERANS DAY, OBSERVED - Monday, November 11, 2019
- THANKSGIVING DAY - Thursday, November 28, 2019
- DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING - Friday, November 29, 2019
- CHRISTMAS DAY - Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Trash Collection Rules and Regulations
- There is a limit of 4 cans/bags per household per pick-up (200 pounds maximum) with one (1) large piece of furniture per month.
- Each can/bag is not to be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Needles, syringes, lances and other sharp objects should be placed in a metal container with a secure lid so as not to be a hazard.
- Please place your cans/bags at curbside on your property no earlier than 5:00PM the night before and your cans must be removed from curbside no later than 7:00PM the day of collection.
- No construction debris or carpet unless arranged 24 hours in advance 610-828-1092.
- No clean-outs or move-outs unless arranged 24 hours in advance 610-828-1092.
Clean Outs and Constructions Debris
- By appointment only.
- Please call us at 610-828-1092.
- 24 hours before desired pick-up.
- Residents who are doing a clean out, moving out, do-it-yourself construction or remodeling (this includes carpet) may arrange for this debris to be picked-up at an additional cost. Your debris will be pick-up and weighed with our on board scales and from that weight you will be billed. The billing will be based on a prorated $125.00 a ton or $.0625 cents a pound. All debris must be placed in cans, boxes, or bundles neatly at your curbside. The Borough cannot pick up dumpster bags.
- *Please note: recyclable items must be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Conshohocken Borough does not handle household hazardous waste. Please go to the official Montgomery County, Pennsylvania site for information about household hazardous waste.
Commercial Trash and Recycling Rules & Regulations
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must arrange for their own collection of trash and recyclable materials by a reputable and licensed hauler.
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must participate in a recycling program by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material, as well as an annual report.
- All businesses and other commercial institutions must recycle, but are not limited to: clear glass, colored glass, aluminum, steel, bimetal cans, plastics (1-6), high grade office paper, newsprint, corrugated paper and all yard waste.