Regular household trash, recycling and yard waste collection is a service provided to Conshohocken Borough residents and is included in resident taxes. Service set-up is not required for new residents. Residents are required to utilize approved trash and recycling carts only. Acceptable carts must include two (3) wheels, a metal lift bar, and an attached lid. Unapproved containers will be tagged for no future pickups until compliant.
To purchase an additional trash and/or recycling cart please complete a trash cart order form and return to the Borough of Conshohocken, or call 610-828-1092. Residents are responsible for managing and caring for Borough issued carts. If a resident moves, the cart (s) should remain at the house for use by the next resident.
Trash Collection Schedule
- East Side -- Mondays and Thursdays
- West Side -- Tuesdays and Fridays
Public Works Observed Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
All holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by Public Services the following Monday. Wednesday is the make up day for recycling collection for both sides of the borough. When your trash and/or recycling day falls on a holiday, your recycling will be collected on Wednesday and your trash will be collected on your next scheduled trash collection day.
Trash Collection Rules & Regulations
- There is a limit of 4 cans/bags per household per pick-up (200 pounds maximum) with one (1) large piece of furniture per month.
- Each can/bag is not to be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Needles, syringes, lances and other sharp objects should be placed in a metal container with a secure lid so as not to be a hazard.
- Please place your cans/bags at curbside on your property no earlier than 5:00PM the night before and your cans must be removed from curbside no later than 7:00PM the day of collection.
- No construction debris or carpet unless arranged 24 hours in advance 610-828-1092.
- No clean-outs or move-outs unless arranged 24 hours in advance 610-828-1092.
Clean Outs and Constructions Debris
- By appointment only.
- Please call us at 610-828-1092.
- 24 hours before desired pick-up.
- Residents who are doing a clean out, moving out, do-it-yourself construction or remodeling (this includes carpet) may arrange for this debris to be picked-up at an additional cost. Your debris will be pick-up and weighed with our on board scales and from that weight you will be billed. The billing will be based on a prorated $125.00 a ton or $.0625 cents a pound. All debris must be placed in cans, boxes, or bundles neatly at your curbside. The Borough cannot pick up dumpster bags.
- *Please note: recyclable items must be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Conshohocken Borough does not handle household hazardous waste. Please go to the official Montgomery County, Pennsylvania site for information about household hazardous waste.
Commercial Trash and Recycling Rules & Regulations
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must arrange for their own collection of trash and recyclable materials by a reputable and licensed hauler.
- Businesses and other commercial institutions must participate in a recycling program by separating their recyclable material from their regular trash. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material, as well as an annual report.
- All businesses and other commercial institutions must recycle, but are not limited to: clear glass, colored glass, aluminum, steel, bimetal cans, plastics (1-6), high grade office paper, newsprint, corrugated paper and all yard waste.