In 1949, The Conshohocken Borough Leaders held what was termed "Juvenile Town Council Week". As part of the week-long proceedings, The Juvenile Town Council attended the monthly meeting and expressed the need in the borough for a youth center. The boys and girls from the Juvenile Council expressed an urgent need for the center as a combatant against juvenile delinquency in the borough.
In March of 1952, major action was taken to the project off the ground. In April of 1952, Harvey S. Walker was elected President of the Executive Board and directed the project from its operation in the year 1953. The original concept of the Fellowship House was to provide a program that would be of interest to the youth an assist the younger generation in helping the Conshohocken Community.
The Fellowship House was financed and built by the industries and businesses that made Conshohocken (Lee Tire & Rubber, Walker Brothers, Quaker Chemical, Alan Wood Steel and others). The Fellowship House has evolved into an institution that Conshohocken residents can be proud of.
What Does the Conshohocken Community Center Offer?
- Basketball (retractable baskets reach 6 feet for youths)
- Kitchen with stove, oven and refrigerator
- Space can be rented out for parties. See Rental Policies for more information
- Equipped with seven cardio machines
- Dumbbells ranging from 5lbs to 50lbs
- 4 Machines designated for arms
- 4 machines designated for legs
- 2 roman chairs
- Medicine balls
Group Exercise Room
- Utilized for yoga, Pilates, Spin classes and general stretching
- 1 pool table
- 1 ping-pong table
- 1 fooseball table
- Main gathering area used for group meetings or programs
- Classroom sized room perfect for small meetings, music classes, small birthdays, and more.