The purpose of the Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) is to identify environmental problems and recommend plans and programs to the Borough Council, the Planning Commission and other committees and boards of the Borough. The EAC functions to promote the conservation of natural resources, and the protection and improvement of the Borough's environment.
*Please note: meetings may be altered due to COVID-19. Please see the Borough’s website calendar.
- Meets: 3rd Thursday of each month
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Location: Borough Hall
All meeting dates, changes and/or cancellations are reflected on the Borough’s website calendar. Meetings are open to the public. Interested parties are encouraged to attend. Those requiring special accommodations should contact the Borough Administrative Office at (610) 828-1092 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- 3 Vacancies
- 2 Terms Ending This Year
- Size: 7 Members
- Term Length: 3 Years
- Term Limit: 0
|Term Expires (3 Years)|
|Domenic Rocco, Vice-Chair||12/2021|
Join Friends of the EAC
Friends of the EAC are non-voting members who work with the council to promote and further the purpose of the EAC. Members attend monthly meetings and help organize and implement EAC-sponsored initiatives and service projects. We have 6 committees that members can participate in:
- Volunteer Recruitment and Public Relations Team - Recruit members of the community to participate in EAC related activities; work informational tables at events; social media upkeep; EAC newsletter.
- Shade Tree Team - Invasive species removal; Native tree planting; Tracking of current shade trees in the Borough; Recommend the adoption of regulations for the care and protection of the shade trees in the Borough.
- Recycling and Clean Up Team - Attend community clean up events; assist with marketing of clean up events and with event preparations; assist with recycling workshops and education.
- Green Energy Team - Promote Ready for 100% Clean and Renewable Energy Initiative to switch to renewable sources of electricity by 2035; organize events and community outreach to discuss clean energy projects; connect with other communities to learn their strategies for promoting energy consciousness; incentive energy reduction in existing buildings (LEED, Energy Star).
- Green Conshy Recognized Business Team - Recognizes local businesses, which utilize green practices; assist with promotion and roll out of this program.
- Green Infrastructure and Rain Barrel Team - Promoting and installing rain barrels and rain gardens in the community.