Mayor Yaniv Aronson
Mayor Yaniv Aronson has devoted his life to education and community service. Yaniv is public school teacher and Professor at the Montgomery County Community College. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Penn State University, a Master of Sciences from Saint Joseph’s University, and a Master of Fine Arts from Boston University. He is also a Stanford University Hollyhock Fellow, a program that provides support and training on how to most effectively serve students in under-resourced public school districts.
Yaniv is the founding Chairman of the Conshohocken-Plymouth-Whitemarsh Rotary Evening Club, a pioneer member of the Conshohocken Running Club, and an appointed member of the Conshohocken Borough’s Environmental Advisory Council. He has been instrumental in championing food drives for the Colonial Neighborhood Council and Philabundance, volunteer events for Cradles to Crayons and EduGroupPA, and local street and river trail cleanups. He also led a team of Rotary volunteers in revitalizing the Riverside Dog Park by organizing fundraising and maintenance efforts.
His vision for Conshohocken includes a strong focus on public safety, including speed enforcement along Fayette and enhanced safety along the Schuylkill River Trail. His goal is to make the Borough more pedestrian-friendly and to encourage more community service opportunities. Yaniv also wants to promote Conshohocken as a destination for visitors by focusing on our long-standing traditions as well as bringing in new events such as Dining Under the Stars, First Fridays, and a Conshohocken Arts Festival. Yaniv plans to hold public office hours at the Conshohocken Library, times and dates to be announced.
Responsibilities of the Mayor
The primary responsibility of the Mayor is to effectively preserve the public peace within the Borough. Other responsibilities include presiding over the organization of the council until it is organized (as provided in Section 1001, Title 8 of the PA Consolidated Statues), casting a tie or split breaking vote, performing marriage ceremonies, requesting aide and assistance from law enforcement officers and agencies, declaring a state of emergency, and administering oaths.
The mayor shall have full charge and control of the chief of police and the police force; and shall direct the time during which, the place where, and the manner in which the chief of police and the police force perform the duties of their rank.
Mayor Officiated Weddings
- 400 Fayette Street, First Floor Meeting Room, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Free - no rental or services fees.
- By appointment only. Must schedule at least 10 business days in advance.
- Please call 610-828-1092.
Mary Wood Park House
- 120 E 5th Avenue, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday through Sunday by reservation only. Must reserve at least 10 business days in advance.
- Rental fees apply for Mary Wood Park House. $50 per hour.
- All parties must complete a rental permit to reserve Mary Wood Park House. Rental times must be in conjunction with the Community Center at the Fel business hours.
- Acceptable forms of payment include: cash, check or credit card.
- Please call 610-828-3266 or email RecServices@conshohockenpa.gov to reserve.
Mayor Yaniv Aronson
Mayor Aronson holds office hours at the Community Center at the Fellowship House, located at 515 Harry Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428. He will be available the third Saturday of each month from 10:00am to 12:00pm. He will also hold offices hours on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm to 6:00pm.