Mayor Yaniv Aronson
Mayor Yaniv Aronson has devoted his life to education and community service. Mayor Aronson is a Professor at Montgomery County Community College. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Penn State University, a Master of Sciences from Saint Joseph’s University, a Master of Fine Arts from Boston University, and a Doctorate Degree Immaculata University. He is also a Stanford University Hollyhock Fellow, a program that provides support and professional development for teachers in under-resourced public school districts
Mayor Aronson is the founding Chairman of the Conshohocken-Plymouth-Whitemarsh Rotary Evening Club, a pioneer member of the Conshohocken Running Club, and council liaison to the Environmental Advisory Council and Conshohocken Dog Park Committee. His vision for Conshohocken includes an increased focus on public safety, including advocating for pedestrian-friendly additions to the Borough, as well as encouraging more community service and volunteer opportunities for residents.
Mayor Aronson has worked to promote Conshohocken as both an active community for residents and a regional destination for visitors by helping to coordinate the annual Conshohocken Arts Festival and Car Show in partnership with the Conshohocken Art League, suicide prevention and awareness events through Prevent Suicide PA and the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Task Force, biannual neighborhood cleanups with the Environmental Advisory Council, public safety and health classes with the Conshohocken Police Department, and regular pet-friendly events through the Conshohocken Dog Park Committee.
Responsibilities of the Mayor
The primary responsibility of the Mayor is to effectively preserve the public peace within the Borough. Other responsibilities include presiding over council until it is organized (as provided in Section 1001, Title 8 of the PA Consolidated Statutes), casting a tie- or split-breaking vote, performing marriage ceremonies, requesting aid and assistance from law enforcement officers and agencies, declaring states of emergency, and administering oaths.
The mayor shall have full charge and control of the chief of police and the police force; and shall direct the time during which, the place where, and the manner in which the chief of police and the police force perform the duties of their rank.
Mayor Officiated Weddings
- 400 Fayette Street, First Floor Meeting Room, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Free - no rental or services fees.
- By appointment only. Must schedule at least 10 business days in advance.
- Please call 610-828-1092.
Mary Wood Park House
- 120 E 5th Avenue, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday through Sunday by reservation only. Must reserve at least 10 business days in advance.
- Rental fees apply for Mary Wood Park House. $50 per hour.
- All parties must complete a rental permit to reserve Mary Wood Park House. Rental times must be in conjunction with the Community Center at the Fellowship House business hours.
- Acceptable forms of payment include: cash, check or credit card.
- Please call 610-828-3266 or email RecServices@conshohockenpa.gov to reserve.
Mayor Yaniv Aronson
Mayor Aronson holds office hours at the Community Center at the Fellowship House, located at 515 Harry Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428. He is available the third Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM, as well as the fourth Wednesday of each month from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM.