Borough Ordinances require property owners to obtain a Use and Occupancy Permit each time any of the following occur:
- Use and occupancy of any building or structure hereafter altered or erected.
- Change in the use and/or occupancy of any building or structure.
- Use of land or change of use thereof.
- Change in use and occupancy of any non-conforming use of extension thereof.
- Change of tenants in any building or structure.
All applications for Use and Occupancy Permits must be completed in ink, and signed by the owner or acting agent in order to comply with Borough Ordinances.
- Single family Dwelling = $75.00
- Multi-Family Dwelling = $75.00 per unit
- Commercial = $300 if less than 6,000 sq. ft., and $5 per 100 sq. ft. if greater than 6,000 sq. ft.
All fees must be paid prior to the application being processed.
Issuance of Use and Occupancy Permit
No Use and Occupancy Permit shall be issued until all proper Borough Officials have certified that the proposed Use and Occupancy complies with all pertinent ordinances. The Borough granting a temporary Use and Occupancy Permit will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Once officials determine that an application is in compliance with pertinent Borough Ordinances, it shall be their duty to issue the permit within 30 days of the receipt date on the application.
Refusal of Permit
Should it be determined that an application and or the premises is not in compliance with all pertinent Borough Ordinances, it shall be the duty of the proper Borough Officials to refuse the permit. In such cases it shall be the duty of these officials to instruct the applicant of the remedial measures needed to bring the application and or premises into compliance within (30) thirty days of the receipt date on the application.
General List of Requirements