Regular household trash and recycling is a service provided to Conshohocken Borough residents and is included in resident taxes. Service set-up is not required for new residents. Residents are required to utilize approved trash and recycling carts only. Acceptable carts must include two (2) wheels, a metal lift bar, and an attached lid. Unapproved containers will be tagged for no future pickups until compliant.
To purchase an additional trash and/or recycling cart please complete a trash cart order form and return to the Borough of Conshohocken, or call 610-828-1092. Residents are responsible for managing and caring for Borough issued carts. If a resident moves, the cart (s) should remain at the house for use by the next resident.
Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule
Trash is collected twice a week and recycling is collected once a week. This includes all residential households and apartment complexes that utilize Borough sanitation and recycling services.
Trash Collection Schedule
|Day of the week||Side of the Borough|
|Monday & Thursday||East Side|
|Tuesday & Friday||West Side|
Recycling Collection Schedule
|Day of the week||side of the Borough|
Holiday Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule
All holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by Public Works that following Monday. Wednesday is the make-up collection day for recycling for both sides of the Borough. When your trash and recycling collection day falls on a holiday, your recyclables will be collected on Wednesday and your trash will be collected on your next scheduled collection day.
|New Year's Day||Labor Day|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||
|President's Day||Veterans Day|
Day After Thanksgiving Day
Residential Trash Collection Rules and Regulations
- There is a limit of 4 carts/bags per household per pick-up (200 pounds maximum)
- Each household is permitted to dispose of one (1) large piece of furniture or bulk item per month with regular trash. This includes sofas, box springs, plastic siding, TV’s and all electronics. All other bulk trash or bulk metal collection must be arranged through the Borough of Conshohocken. See instructions pertaining to bulk trash and bulk metal pick up below.
- Each cart/bag is not to be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Needles, syringes, lances and other sharp objects must be placed in a metal container with a secure lid so they are not a hazard.
- Please place your trash cart at the curbside of your property no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before and remove your cart from your curbside no later than 7:00 PM the day of collection.
- No construction debris, carpet, clean-outs or move-outs unless arranged 24 hours in advance. Please call 610-828-1092.
Bulk Trash Collection, Clean Outs and Construction Debris
- Residents with bulk trash or those cleaning out, moving out, or doing construction and/or remodeling themselves (this includes carpet) may arrange for this debris to be picked-up by the Borough of Conshohocken at an additional cost.
- Must arrange 24 hours before desired pick-up. Please call 610-828-1092 or residents may complete a bulk trash pick-up form and return to the Borough of Conshohocken.
- The debris is pick-up and weighed by the Borough of Conshohocken. You will be billed based on the weight of the collect debris. Billing is based on a prorated $125.00 a ton or $.0625 cents a pound. All debris must be placed in cans, boxes, or bundles neatly at your curbside. The Borough cannot pick up dumpster bags.
- Recyclable items must be recycled.
Bulk Metal Collection
- By appointment only, please call the Borough at 610-828-1092 to arrange. Bulk metal goods are collected every Wednesday. Prearranged drop-off is available all year.
- Bulk metal items such as stoves, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers, metal cabinets, metal furniture, chain link fence, wrought iron fence, electronics, etc. will be picked up for free of charge. These items are recyclable and scraped. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Conshohocken Borough mandate the separation and collection of this material.
- Appliances like refrigerators must have all doors removed prior to putting them out for collection or at the drop off.
The Borough of Conshohocken collects electronic waste with regular household trash.
Household Hazardous Waste
The Borough of Conshohocken does not collect household hazardous waste. Residents may participant in the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program through Montgomery County. This program is a community service to the residents of Montgomery County and the four (4) Southeastern Pennsylvania County Regions (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia counties) only and is not open to businesses, institutions, or industry.
Free residential collection events are held at different locations throughout the county on specified days between the months of April and October. Residents may attend any Household Hazardous Waste event held by Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia Counties. There is no dedicated drop off facility in Montgomery County that accepts Household Hazardous Waste. If you cannot attend a county collection event, please consider asking a friend or neighbor to take the items to the event for proper disposal.
Residential Recycling Collection Rules and Regulations
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Borough of Conshohocken mandate the separation and collection of recyclable materials. All residences must participate in the Borough's recycling programs by separating their recyclable materials from their regular trash. Please place your recycling cart at the curbside of your property no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before and remove your cart from your curbside no later than 7:00 PM the day of collection.
Single Stream Recycling
All of your recyclables may be mixed together in your recycling container. Please remember all containers should be empty and clean. Please remove all lids from plastic containers. Recycling stickers are also available for any additional containers that you wish to designate for recycling. All containers must fit the cart requirements specified above.
For additional information on trash, recycling, household hazardous waste and more, please visit the below resources from Montgomery County and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
|Montgomery County Community Shredding Events|
|Montgomery County Donating Clothing, Textiles, Household & Other Goods|
|Montgomery County Clothing & Electronics Removal Service By Retrievr|
|DEP Recycling & Waste Reduction|