The Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) is committed to driving Conshohocken forward to become a more environmentally friendly, conscious, and sustainable community. We believe that in order to achieve this it takes a community-wide effort involving residents and local business leaders.
What is the Green Business Recognition Program?
The EAC has developed a program to incentivize and recognize local businesses that incorporate green, sustainable practices. These businesses serve as community innovators and lead the way in environmental sustainability. We invite all businesses to join this program and work towards achieving Green Certification.
What is Green Certification?
When your business goes green, you will earn points for implementing sustainable practices according to the EAC’s green criteria. We encourage you to take steps to go green in four focused areas:
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Conservation
- Community Participation
Each criteria and practice has point value. When a business reaches a certain number of points, it falls within one of the levels of Green Certification. These levels include a certificate and window decal to display in your business. It also includes various rewards.
|One Stars||35 points|
|Two Stars||50 points|
|Three Stars||75 points|
A comprehensive list of criteria/practices within each of the four focus areas can be found on the Green Business Recognition Program Application.
Green Conshy Certification Rewards
If your business reaches Green Conshy Certification, it will be:
- Promoted on the EAC’s social media page
- Given a Green Businesswindow decal
- Have a short video taken of your establishment promoting green practices
- Recognized at EAC events
- Invited to a celebration where you will receive a framed certificate
Ultimately, your business will enjoy the satisfaction of improving our environment!
Application and Recognition Process
- Complete an application and submit with the $50 application fee. Your application fee goes to Green Conshy Foundation - Sustainable Conshohocken, Inc. Acceptable forms of payment are checks made payable to Sustainable Conshohocken Inc. Please mail payments to 204 Maple Street, Unit 1, Conshohocken, PA 19428.
- The EAC will then review your application and a member will contact you. The EAC may request supporting documentation for any submitted criteria.
- After all documentation has been reviewed, you must schedule an on-site visit with the EAC to review your green practices and so that the EAC may record a brief spotlight video of your business.
- Finally, the EAC will tally your points and award you with your applicable green star rating certification and decal.
Have questions, want more information, or want to learn how to implement these green practices? We’re here to help! Reach us at email@example.com.